Thursday, June 29, 2006

98

A related but slightly different reason -- I do not have to drop them off or pick them up in the madhouse that is the beginning or ending of almost any school day I have ever seen. I was trying to find a soccer class one day and I accidentally drove into a school driveway right when parents were picking up their kids. Boom! Instant parking lot. I could not go forward, backward, or around. This was all the more frustrating as MY kids were getting later and later for their soccer class, and I was not getting anywhere closer to even knowing where it was. It's bad enough being late when you know how much traveling you have to do, but when you're already driving around cluelessly, getting stuck in this kind of situation is doubly painful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Audrey to start school so I can walk the kids to-and-from school. Driving during drop-off/pick-up is pure HELL. I even considered putting Andrew in CDC (basically before/after school day care) just to avoid the craziness of looney people almost hitting 5 kids just to pick up one!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Fortunately for the past year with our busing schedule and the fact that Henry is in after school care most days we haven't had to deal with the drop-off/pick-up craze at all. But I know what you are talking about. Henry and I don't deal with crowds very well, so we try to get to places early to make things more managable.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

97? 96? 95? 94? We miss you Sarah.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home