Wednesday, June 28, 2006

WTF??

So, I had no idea I hadn't posted in so long. Never good at locating myself temporally to start with, I have been in the middle of a veritable whirlwind of weird short-term deadlines and crises, with nary a guest blogger to cover my sorry behind.

What crises, you may ask? Well, little miss not going to participate in a parent-participation school because you end up spending too much time away from your kids on school activities ended up on the Steering Committee of the homeschooling coop. Not really a smart move from a family viewpoint. Perhaps more than other communities, homeschoolers are a contentious, free-wheeling and diverse lot, and the past few weeks have taken a toll. Or who knows, maybe everyone is like that. Be that as it may, there have been a lot of decisions to make, and no shortage of people to make them difficult and even unpleasant, and lots of diplomacy to engage in with people who seem unable or unwilling to reciprocate.

Enough whining. I have decided to use this post to launch my new series: 100 reasons why I homeschool my kids. Which will begin in the next post because I have to get back to my e-mail.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Oddly enough, I've been reading some emails from a homeschooling group, most people consider their kids "gifted and talented" and therefore rather arrogant about the whole education thing. Anyway, would love to see your 100 reasons, write on!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Good to see you back! Looking forward to the reasons.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I hate those moms! Only my son is truly gifted and talented. And that totally excuses his bad behavior! Of course it does!

And thank you Jennifer. I so wish you weren't leaving.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100 reasons? You only need one... Because your the mommy and you said so!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home