Sunday, June 11, 2006

Is it Saturday already?

Well, no, actually I guess technically it's Sunday. How did that happen? This week was just a blur. Meetings, e-mail, and more meetings, and not a lot to show for it in the end.

Ziad and Maya played in a guitar concert. For an adult, it was a great concert. The advanced students at their school are pretty impressive. They played a guitar arrangement of Pachelbel's Canon that was very beautiful. For a small child, it was a nightmare. Really long bouts of sitting still in the audience while other people played, followed by really long sessions of playing onstage. Ziad did as well as anybody could have expected, and Maya, as always, was great. They both got trophies for practicing daily and continuously (three years now for Ziad), there was a reception outdoors that was fun for them, and then we were done.

Today, Sunday we begin our business trip/vacation to San Francisco.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation-- We decided we are going to SF next weekend for Father's day. I'm anxious to see the sculpture (30 ft woman?) temporarily visiting, somewhere around pier 14.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Is that the scrap metal woman (and her child) you are talking about? We saw them on Saturday, first the child without the head in the morning, then by the time we passed them again in the afternoon the child's (looks like a girl) head was on. Saw the artists too.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the one. Think it's called "Passage."
Finished Kitchen COnfidential.... I don't think I'd like any Chef if I met them. Now when I'm out to eat-- I find myself starring into the kitchen trying to catch something mischievious (okay-- I don't know how to spell that- and am too lazy to find a dictionary right now.)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah--- Need some know material---entries please. Even if the posting just read, "June 27."

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yeah, why did it do that? I am posting on another blog now, for the coop, and when I see my stats for this page, it keeps telling me I just posted. And of course, idiot that I am, I just think "Wow, I didn't realize I posted just a few days ago. Guess I can put it off a few more days and deal with this (insert crisis)."

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home