Thursday, May 18, 2006

A difficult post

I found out recently that a friend of mine died suddenly at the beginning of the month. She was very young, with three small children. I'm not close enough to her family to ask for more details -- we were in a bookclub together, one that meets very rarely. I remember the last time she hosted. Her house was perfect, and she had made crepes. What was the book for that meeting? I can't remember now, but I do remember that she chose substantial books, classics rather than the latest hot novel. I can't believe I'll never see her again. Her family has set up a fund to help care for her children. You can view a page about her here. Information about the fund is around the middle, before the block of photos. This is a really sad reminder of how many things we take for granted in our lives, how lucky we are that so few things go wrong, and how awful it can be when they do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

I knew Nina from the Santa Clara playgroup, and I knew she had a book club. What a small world. So very sad she's gone.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so sorry, Sarah. What a tragic loss for her family and friends.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home