Thursday, October 11, 2007

Whine

So my face is all wrinkly and frowny-looking, my pants are falling off my hips and my bras don't fit right. But that roll of fat around my abdomen? Still present and accounted for. Cellulite on my thighs? Yessiree, Bob, right where it always was. I wish I could say I see some physical benefits to fasting, but I don't. I really like the way changing your habits throws a spotlight on the many little things you do without even thinking about it (a bite of food while cooking, the coffee or tea pick-me-up that causes more energy fluctuations than are really worth it). I also like the feeling of accomplishment that comes from choosing a hard task and sticking to it. Furthermore, as someone who really can eat all she wants (just not always exactly when I want it, for now, anyway) it's really interesting to see how sustaining non-food experiences can be. Man does not live by bread alone, indeed.

But I can't say I think it's doing my body any good.

Thursday, Friday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home