Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The hardest moment

of Ramadan came tonight, when it was all I could do to keep my hands off the cookies I was baking, right before, but not quite at, time to break my fast. I kept on having kind of hallucinatory intervals of thinking that the fast was over, and then remembering just in time that it wasn't. When it was time to eat, I came very near to making an entire meal of fresh-baked cookies. As it was, I probably ate more than I should have.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday .....

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

More than you should have or not enough? They are so good I can't believe there's an upper limit.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Actually, we also made some cookies based on a Hawaiian mix we liked -- an oatmeal cookie base, but instead of oatmeal, they have coconut, dried pineapple and mango, and chopped macadamia nuts. That is a really heavy infusion of sugar, so yes, there really should be an upper limit on those. Most of them are safely in the freezer now -- I'm going to take them over to my inlaws this weekend.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, and I'm glad you like the gingersnaps.

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home