Monday, October 08, 2007

Music in the park

 







I'm on the e-mail list for the San Francisco Symphony. I'm glad I am, too, because I found this in my inbox a few days ago:

Join Us for a Free Outdoor Concert in Downtown San Jose

Join the San Francisco Symphony on October 5 for a new event—a free noontime concert at the Plaza de Cesar Chavez in downtown San Jose. Resident Conductor Benjamin Shwartz leads music by Copland, John Adams, and Gershwin.

Bring your lunch, take a break from your day and join us for this outdoor performance.

No tickets required!


When: Friday, October 5 12pm
Where: Plaza de Cesar Chavez

Benjamin Schwartz conductor
San Francisco Symphony

Copland -- Fanfare for the Common Man
John Adams-- Short Ride in a Fast Machine
Prokofiev-- Suite from Romeo and Juliet
Gershwin -- Cuban Overture


Who could pass that up?




 
It was a beautiful day. Our house was cold, so cold I almost decided against going, but when we got downtown it was warm and sunny.


 
Posted by Picasa


The music was beautiful. It was noisy downtown, but that was part of the charm. Ziad and Maya enjoyed the music, too.

The Mercury News was even there! Their article about the concert is here.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Wow-- I was rading it thinking why didn't she tell us about it?
Forgot... we would have been in school.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

reading not rading
'nuff said

4:25 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is, in fact, exactly why not. Although I have no excuse for not telling Zelda. Next time I'll just e-mail everybody.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Z said...

LOL...I was just about to leave a message saying, "Hey, next time tell me about this kind of stuff!"

Looks like it was a great time.

And my house has been obnoxiously cold on what turn out to be very pleasant days too.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home