Thursday, May 11, 2006

Why wasn't that the weekend from hell?

Why would I say that was, on balance, a good weekend?

Well, Maya threw up in the car, but she didn't throw up in the Opera House. We all enjoyed the ballet together. Going to the ballet with the whole family? That's huge. Overall, positive experience.

Then Ziad hit his head and threw a fit, and sulked during half the walk to the restaurant. But -- he was over it by the time we got to the restaurant. We had a nice dinner. As I said, my husband even ate broccoli. We had a lovely walk home through Chinatown. Overall, just really nice.

Now here is where my weekend diverges from my husband's, in that while he was in bed with a headache, I was out and about trying to get things to make him feel better. It was an incredible morning! It wasn't me with the headache. Hopefully the rest that he got while we were at the museum was relaxing and refreshing. Although I'm sorry for him, I loved that morning.

We had a lot of ups and downs, but the downs didn't drag down the whole weekend. They came and they went. And when they were gone -- the sun was shining, the birds were singing. Great weekend. Lesley asked me what my idea is of a really disastrous weekend. I don't know. I prefer to think about how great a weekend can be with less (or none) of that bad stuff. It could happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

I like your viewpoint. Usually I tend to look at the half empty glass. with kids and family, that just doesn't work.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home