Saturday, October 20, 2007

We now return you

to your regularly scheduled blog.

When I first started this blog, it was my intention to use it as a kind of journal of our bookclub. I thought I would write down a summary of our book discussion, and maybe we would have follow-up conversation in the comments. You know how sometimes three days later an idea will hit you? I thought that a blog would be a great vehicle for keeping the communication flowing. It never really worked out that way, though, and when Jennifer started an actual bookclub blog that all of our members contribute to, I just let the whole book discussion idea go. I had thought all along that there would be sidetracks and extraneous discussions about life matters large and small, but not nearly as many as I eventually indulged in.

Well, I want to get back to reading more, and thinking about reading more. So it is now my intention to direct this blog more towards its original focus.

Blogs are really good for keeping track of things, though, so now I've started another one (God! It's catching! And how many blogs do YOU have?) for my family's field trips. It's maybe the one educational area that I come close to excelling in; one that I have lots of ideas about and plenty of energy for following through with. I need to document them anyway, for the charter school program we're enrolled in, and I've come to realize that a blog is a great place to keep track of all the links and announcements that are currently clogging up my e-mail.

So (ta-da!)here is the link:

Three for the Road

Although it's primarily for my own use, it may be that there will be information there of interest to others. I hope so, anyway. Maybe we can meet up somewhere!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

My goodness!! I can't keep up with you people. do I have to start another blog too?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yes, it's compulsory.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Or, in my case, compulsive.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home