Friday, April 28, 2006

Reading with Ziad and Maya

Well, we are now in the middle of Magic in Oz. This one is more suspenseful, making it difficult sometimes to find a good stopping place at night. I remember the first time I checked this book out from the library. Now Ziad and Maya are reading it for the first time -- is this one of those circle of life kind of moments? I just read whatever Oz books I could get my hands on, but Ziad and Maya are getting the sequential treatment. All the books by the original author, in the order in which they were written, and then they are on their own. It's interesting as an adult to look at the original publication dates (between 1900 and 1917, so far) and to think about the upheavals in world society and technology that are being reflected in these books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home