Friday, September 26, 2008

Snapshot

Early morning conversation:

Me: Oh, by the way, we're leaving early on Friday. I'm taking the kids down to Casa de Fruta.

Husband: Why?

Me: They have some kind of history workshop. Something to do with the Renaissance Faire.

Husband: That's not very good.

Me: What?

Husband: Taking the kids around to all those places. That's not very green.

Me: That's true. (pause) What's your point?

Husband: You're not very green.

Me: Hell, honey, I know that.

Here's how not green I am lately:

Tuesday: guitar class, library, and mall in Santa Clara; Whole Foods and park in Campbell

Wednesday: piano lessons in Almaden, chorus and errands in Willow Glen

Thursday: guitar class in Santa Clara, electronics class in Palo Alto

Friday: history workshop at Renaissance Faire in Gilroy

Saturday: guitar class in Santa Clara

Sunday: Scharffen Berger plant in Berkeley (to see my dad)

Monday: STAY HOME!!!! ALL DAY!!!! To hell with grocery shopping, even.

P.S. Thank you guys. It turns out that one phone call and one e-mail are all I need to get my energy back. It's amazing.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Green or not, I'd love to go to Renaissance Faire this year.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Z said...

"Its not good for the environment" is my new excuse for not doing errands.

It rings a little hollow when I say it but, fortunately, I'm the only one listening.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

But look at what your doing and where your going!

What really bothers me are people who drive to school to pick up their kids- they live close enough to skip to school, yet they drive-- then they sit in the pick up line, for 20 minutes with the engine running. Now that is not green.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home