Monday, September 22, 2008

It's only flip-flopping if you're a Democrat

John McCain: Against regulations before he was for them

Sarah Palin: For the bridge to nowhere before she was for it

Hey, I don't have a problem with this. I think it's good to be able to change your mind. Especially if you were wrong to start with. Actually admitting you were wrong to start with? That takes real character. I'm not holding my breath.

Just to spell things out, I'm not all "Ooh, bridge to nowhere -- bad!" No, I'm more "Ooh, Sarah Palin -- not quite the maverick she wants you to think she is."

And for those of you who like irony, how about the sight of a couple of politicians posing as mavericks (independent thinkers, not going along with the herd, blah blah blah) in order to make themselves more popular? When you think about it, it's really pretty funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home