Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The hills are alive

Ziad and Maya sing with a children's chorus. I love the music this chorus sings; it's generally modern classical music, with some folk songs thrown in. The arrangements are all musically interesting and fun to listen to. Ziad and Maya like it too; they sing their chorus songs around the house and in the car. We're all pretty happy with it.

Their choir director is Amy, a young and enthusiastic woman. She played Maria in The Sound of Music last year, and I mean it as a compliment when I say she was born to play that role. She is deservedly quite popular with the kids.

It may seem a non-sequiteur for me to observe now that Ziad is not very good at brushing his teeth. So bad, in fact, that last night I was brushing some of them for him, while lecturing him on how poor teeth-cleaning leads to cavities, plus it looks awful and so on and so forth until he interrupted me: "Have you ever seen Amy's teeth?" It took me a while to figure out which Amy he meant.

"No, I never really looked at her teeth."

"They're really beautiful. I guess we see her teeth more because she smiles at us so much."

Yes, our family is very happy with the choir.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Can't wait to meet Amy. (Is she doing the summer camp?)

And, yeah, I don't know what it is about boys this age trying to take hygiene short-cuts. Andrew took a shower last night before bed, and when I was getting him into bed, I took whiff of his hair and realized, that while although he may have gotten wet in the shower, he didn't use soap or shampoo to get clean. So back in the shower he went!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

We got the opposit problem -- shampoo stays on Henry's head no matter how much he claims he'd tried to wash it off. Sometimes I end up scrubbing him in the sink.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home