Monday, May 19, 2008

Another story about my mother

Jennifer and I went to see my dad yesterday for an early birthday lunch. Apparently, at some point in the conversation when my attention was involved elsewhere, he told her this story:

It's really no secret that my mom and dad had a fairly contentious relationship. Their personalities are so different, and so strong, that a fair amount of conflict was probably inevitable. To put it bluntly, they argued a lot.

One evening, they were having dinner at a restaurant. A passing waiter, carrying a try laden with huge piles of dishes and glasses, tripped and dropped the tray. Huge commotion. Lots of crashing plates and breaking glass. My mother turned to my father and said, "They're playing our song."

Good one, mom.

And Happy Birthday, dad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Is his birthday May 19th?
Happy Birthday Sarah's dad!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Another great story!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home