Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Knitting

What I want to know is, why am I so extreme in my personality? Sometimes all I want to do is read, sometimes (rarely)I clean the house like there's no tomorrow, other weeks I cook so much food we could never eat it all. There are times when I exercise hours every day and let the newspapers pile up, and then I stop to catch up on the newspapers and the most exertion I make is to fold up the papers and take them out to the recycling. Why is this? I don't seem able to balance things out.

Right now, all I want to do is knit. I have several projects that I could easily finish by Christmas (actually, I could probably finish them in less than two days if I wasn't always interrupted by things like my children's concerts and their annoying need to eat). They're fun to knit, and I love the yarn, and all I want to do is sit down and knit. There are little yarn bunnies that will go in my children's stockings (all three of my children) and peek their adorable little faces out from over the top. And why not finish up the socks I've been working on for them and throw them in there, too? And some more of those fair isle caps I love to knit so much, this time with a variegated background just to make it interesting.

Meanwhile, the house is not really where it should be if I was maintaining its pre-party cleanliness (and of course party burnout is part of the reason). The laundry has reached mountainous proportions. Now that I think of it, though, I actually prefer to let the laundry pile up and do a whole bunch all at once, rather than little bunches here and there. Is there no aspect of my life I can live in moderation?

 
Posted by Picasa


Three bunnies-to-be (one is just a skein of yarn) and the brim of a fair isle cap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Welcome to Knitting Addiction. Hope you have time to make it to one of the Thursday night meetings one day.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Thursday night is never going to be a good night out for me as long as Ziad is in Nature Studies.

Which Thursday, anyway? Not every Thursday by any chance?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Regular meetings are fourth Thursday night at Commuknity in San Jose, sometimes people bring kids too. Another meeting is less formal, usually third Wednesday of the month at someone's house. I'll forward you the email for the next meeting.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home