Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day menu

Ziad made pasta with the new pasta roller we got yesterday. I cooked it up, then tossed it with extra salt and pepper, butter, olive oil and parmesan cheese.

Jenny made a vegetarian lasagne with lots of yellow squash sliced paper-thin in the mandoline.

I grilled some artichokes in a lemon garlic marinade.

Ziad made a Caesar salad dressing for our Caesar broccoli salad.

For an appetizer we had brie with fig jam, and crackers from Whole Foods. For desert, a lemon-meringue pie that a friend of hers makes.

We drank pinot noir from Chateau St-Jean.

It's been a long day, and I'm bone-tired, but what a delicious meal we had. And the best part is that so much of it was made by my children. It took Jennifer 30 years, but she finally cooked for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

That sounds like a great dinner. I can't wait for the day when Henry cooks for me.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

In a pinch... Andrew can make me an egg or a grilled cheese!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home