Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rainy Saturday

Well, on Saturday we didn't go to the dragon boat festival in San Francisco.


We didn't go to Redwood City for the downtown party.










No, we headed over to Yarn Dogs for a class on lace knitting. And it turns out that while I am quite good at figuring out how the patterns work, actual lace weight yarn makes me crazy. I can barely even see it on the needles, or feel it against my fingers. I guess this is good information, but I kind of regret having spent my Saturday acquiring it. And the worst part is, I haven't actually given up on it entirely, and will probably throw my back out from the stress of trying to improve my skill at something that I am most likely entirely unsuited for.



Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Speaking from someone not too fond of lace knitting, I don't blame you! The ratio between the fine yarn and large needles drove me mad every time I tried it. Your fair isle is lovely, my left hand still needs to catch up.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Z said...

That boat festival looks pretty cool.

I want to take up knitting again!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, Vivian, coming from you, that's quite a compliment.

Maybe the book club should all go to the dragon races next year. We could meet up at the Ferry Plaza for brunch, cruise the Farmer's Market, then take the ferry over to Treasure Island. Sounds good, no?

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home