Monday, August 13, 2007

I heart my girl, too

They were playing battleship in the living room, but Ziad came into my bedroom, where I was recovering from a strenuous weekend.

"Mom, Maya's lying. She didn't tell me when I sank her ship."

Well, I've seen many a game of battleship that suffered from faulty communication, dissolving into futile arguments of "I said J5, not I5!" "No, you didn't!" There is no winning these arguments. So it seemed reasonable to ask, "Are you sure she did it on purpose? It's not lying if she did it by mistake."

"No, she said she didn't want to give me the satisfaction."

I think we can all relate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Oh, Maya, never change!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

You should my kids play battleship--- moving ships around the board DURING play!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home