Monday, August 13, 2007

I heart my boy

Ziad likes to do origami in the car. It keeps him busy, so I don't really object, even though it's hard to keep the back of the car clean when he's deep into one of his folding fits. He was in the back seat, the other day, hard at work, and I could hear him humming to himself along with the sound of the paper folding. I could see him in my mind, gradually filling the seat with folded planes and animals, burying himself in a sea of colored paper.

When we got home, I asked him to help me bring in the groceries. "Ziad, could you bring in the bag with the cans?"

"Which bag is that?"

The one with the cans in it .....

2 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

Absent-minded professor?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

At least he asked which one...

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home