Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Seven random things

Well I guess having two margaritas with dinner after a trip to the dentist is about as good a preparation for writing seven random things as you can get. On the top of my brain lately:

1) I think that The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks is a blog title of sheer genius. My awe of it returns forcefully to the forefront of my consciousness several times a day.

2) Apostrophe Abuse is another good blog title. These are found art of blogs.

3) Howl's Moving Castle is a very good book. And also a good movie. I plan to write a post exploring this in more detail.

4) My oldest daughter is not that much younger than many of my friends who actually are raising children. What's wrong with this picture? (Well, maybe my genes are just late-blooming. Longevity, here we come!)

5) Conversely, I am about the same age as some of my friends' mothers. Yow! Why do they even talk to me?

6) OK, maybe I'm a little drunk. Then again, maybe not.

7) Plus, I'm a big wimp. At least when it comes to things like cleaning the house, running errands, behaving normally in any way. But hey, I can read the pants off just about anyone you care to mention, so ha!

And there you go! Magic number 7. This is fun. I could do this all night. Randomness, I am your queen.

Quick enough turn around time for you, Vivian?

I tag Jennifer, Zelda, and Lesley.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Thank you for indulging me, Sarah. My mom is 70 this year, I know you are pretty far from that.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Z said...

I find it fascinating that you raised one child from infancy to young adulthood in a single parent/only child dynamic and now you're doing a more traditional nuclear family in terms of number/gender. That gives you a perspective on parenting and life that a lot of other people couldn't dream of having. That's cool.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just read your crotchety post, Zelda, so any praise from you at this point comes as huge relief. At least I'm interpreting that as praise. And yes, I feel I've learned a lot from my experiences. So please excuse me if I share my hard-won insights to excess. The first time around was really hard, and I guess I need to feel that something good came out of it (as if my oldest daughter wasn't enough of a good result, which actually, she is).

5:30 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Sarah.... you are ageless.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lesley, thank you.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home