Monday, October 23, 2006

Eid Mubarak

Today is the first day of the new month, and we are done fasting for the year.

Thank you everybody for listening to me go on and on about this. And just for the sake of completeness, here is my recap of the final ten days:

Saturday: Although I had the best intentions in the world, we ended up missing guitar class because I just could not get myself organized with everything I needed to do before going to our in-laws' house for dinner. Sadly, these weekend guitar classes are getting harder and harder to force ourselves to attend. Dinner was wonderful, though.

Sunday: Aquarium in the morning. We stopped at the outlets in Gilroy on the way back because I was so tired I could barely drive. I had to take a nap before I could cook dinner.

Monday: Maya had chorus rehearsal.

Tuesday: Guitar class, followed by the origami club. Hooray!

Wednesday: Ziad had chorus rehearsal.

Thursday: Feeble attempt to catch up on housework.

Friday: We went for a hike with some friends.

Saturday: Ziad had an extra chorus rehearsal.

Sunday: I took Ziad and Maya to the Suzuki play-in at Stanford. I saw a friend there and had a nice visit. Afterwards, we met Nabil at my mom's house, and then went out to dinner.

Monday (today): I had a cup of coffee and a biscuit for breakfast while the sun was shining, then went out to meet a friend. What a beautiful morning!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

I've been meaning to ask about the chorus rehearsals, are they preparing for a performance?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Z said...

Have fun today! It sounds like the fast truly does heighten one's appreciation of simple pleasures.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Amazing the things we miss...

My sister-in-law lived in Cambodia for about 3 years. When she same home...she said the things she missed most were warm sweaters & Taco Bell.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home