Friday, April 21, 2006

Mysterious

I know, at some point in my past, I decided not to read any more thriller/detective novels. They just didn't seem worth it. There are so many great books out there, I always felt like I was wasting my time. So why, as I realized the other night, I have I plowed my way through so many series in the genre? Well for one thing, I really, REALLY like to finish what I start. So if I read one book, I have to read them all. Further, these particular series range from mildly humorous to seriously amusing (IMHO). And lastly, all of them are very easy to read. Here is my list of shame. It's short, but by my estimate represents almost 40 books:

Janet Ivanovich -- Stephanie Plum
Barbara Peters -- Amelia Peabody
Rhys Bowen -- Evan Evans
Dianne Day -- Fremont Jones
Alexander McCall Smith -- Precious Ramotswe

For what it's worth, I think the McCall Smith's Number One Ladies Detective Agency series is head and shoulders above the rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Are John Grisham books considered detective novels? I think they are much better writen than the Stephanie Plum books, which are the only ones I read in your list.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I don't know if they are considered detective novels or not. I only like the Stephanie Plum books because I think they are occasionally side-splittingly funny. I like it when an author can write physical comedy, and she is one of the few that I think can pull that off.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home