Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tagged by Vivian

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I took my five-month-old son and went to visit my sister. The visit ended when we got into an argument that ultimately didn't settle down for about six years or so.
Apart from that, I was just hanging out with Ziad. We used to sit together on the kitchen floor and share warmed up canned chicken soup, we used to sit together in the rocking chair and listen to music. I remember one time my Mom came over to visit and we sat on the porch and talked while he played in the yard. It was mostly just the two of us, though; Maya wasn't even on the horizon yet and Nabil was usually at work. I was lonely sometimes, but it was still a special time.

2. What are 5 things on my TO-DO list for today?
Today is over, but I'll tell you what I did: Drop off the kids at their piano lesson, then run errands until they were finished, come home for lunch with Lesley, then work on the computer until taking them to their assessment for chorus next year, then lunch with Jennifer (uh-oh! Two lunches in the same day?), then more errands, and now it's time to make dinner. Except I'm not hungry.

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Carrots and celery, crackers and cheese, CHIPS! Snacks should be crunchy.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
I can't even imagine. I like the idea of buying land and returning it to its previous state -- maybe I could set up a trust fund to be used for actual staffing in parks and libraries.

5. Places I have lived:
Sudbury, MA; Santa Cruz, CA; Billings, Montana; Paterson, NJ; Shingu, Japan; San Jose, CA.

6. Jobs I have had:
computer board assember, short order cook, secretary, tutor, dance instructor, martial arts instructor, math teacher, parent.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Yeah, your two lunches a day is a bit baffling.

You should post a picture of baby Ziad, he must have been extraordinarily cute -- not that he's not cute now, but you know what I mean. Little people are extra extra cute.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Z said...

2 lunches...that's my perfect day.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home