Saturday, December 01, 2007

Book Club Recap

Well, without a book to bring us back to earth, our conversation soared. It took us a long time even to get around to our questions, and they weren't really questions, it seemed, just topics we wanted to talk about. Vivian asked about traditions -- how have our traditions changed now that we have families, what traditions are we creating with our families? Zelda asked about the places that we came from -- what do we miss? I was curious about siblings -- I wondered how our sibling relationships have changed now that we're all adults.

Of course it's not my place to share other people's stories on the internet. Still, it's safe to say that all of us have come a long way. We've traveled many miles, and we've also come through many difficult experiences. I'm proud to have such intelligent, thoughtful, and courageous women as my friends.

I can now also state from experience that drinking too much tea at night can leave your stomach as unhappy as drinking too much wine. Next time I'll have to be more moderate.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I'm so bummed I missed out.

You said some very kind things about me in your previous post. That made me feel special.

Personally, the reason I love book club, and all of you, is that I get the chance to converse with some highly intelligent women! I learn something new each and every time.

In high school I had a teacher who gave out some very good advice. He said, "Find the smartest person in class and sit next to 'em through out the year."

Well... I'm may be out of school, but I'm still trying to sit next to the smart people.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, Lesley, Lesley, so are we.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Catching up .... I really enjoyed our last meeting. As you said, Sarah, we were able to bring our conversation to a higher/deeper level without tagging it to a book or other earthly concerns.

To me our book club is far more important than the books we discuss. I enjoy your friendship in the past five years, and the intellectual stimulation both online and in real life.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home