Friday, November 30, 2007

Book club tonight

I think tonight will be the first ever meeting of the book club that Lesley is missing. That's an amazing record, and she's the only one to hold it. She's also the one that started this book club, something that we all thank her for. We're down to four members now, which is very comfortable for people who have lots of ideas about books to read (me! me!) but a little scary when you think that people move all the time (Jennifer, Michelle, Tony -- we still miss you) and that a book club with only two or three people is hardly a book club at all.

Tonight will also be our second interview night. That is what we do when we just want to talk about ourselves, rather than talk about ourselves in the context of a book. So everyone will bring a question (Lesley could put one in the comments if she wanted) and the conversation will take off from there. Zelda and I have scheduled a 7PM beginning, but of course the meeting won't really begin till Vivian gets here. And I say here because it's at my house tonight.

It's a very strange thing not to feel rushed and semi-hysterical that people are coming over. I am not pretending that my house is in the stratosphere inhabited by Lesley (I bet that even in the middle of a remodel her house is cleaner than mine) but it is so 100% acceptable by my low standards that I can actually have a normal day today, and have so far not given much thought to the fact that people are coming over tonight. It's probably time to start planning refreshments ...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I hope it all went well!
I'm so sorry I missed out - and yes a bit sad too.
Maybe it was healthy for me to sit this one out? Then you could all feel free to talk about me behind my back.

Don't get too comfortable without me. I'll be back!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

And you know, we were totally dissing you ...

No, we really missed you. Good thing we have another meeting coming up soon.

We'll have to get together soon so I can give you your fruitcake.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home