Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More about my house

I bet you're just dying to hear how our day of chores went. Well, it was actually never supposed to be more than an hour of chores; the main thing was deciding to do them on a specific day and then following through.

Well, today was not the best day. It was one of those days where everything took longer than I expected it to, leaving playdates in the dust and children disgruntled, finally making us late for Maya's 4PM chorus class. That's bad, when you can't get someplace by 4.

The cleaning part wasn't bad, though. Right now we're just doing the middle level of our split-level house. Best-case scenario will be that we incorporate cleaning the lower level, too. Middle ground is where we just maintain the middle level, worst-case (sadly, still all too likely in my opinion) sees us abandoning the whole project. I keep telling myself that if we can keep it clean for a month we'll be changed people. I only hope it's true.

So, anyway, a measly hour and a half or so of cleaning this afternoon and I feel comfortable saying that our countdown (or is it a countup?) has reached day 5.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

21 days makes a habit! Keep it up.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

21 days makes a habit! Keep it up.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home