Friday, September 29, 2006

My week in review

Today is the seventh day of Ramadan. The first week is almost over. There were ups and downs, naturally, but so far things seem to be going OK. Looking back on the week:

Saturday: Nabil was sick. Ziad and Maya had guitar class. For me that is three painful hours of sitting quietly in a chair just waiting for it to be over. After class we did some errands, then got home only to find that I was misinformed about the time for breaking our fast. We dashed out of the house to my mother-in-law's, and got there just barely in time to eat.

Sunday: Ziad and Maya and I went to Monterey. It was a beautiful day. We came home early, in plenty of time for me to make dinner. Nabil still wasn't feeling well, but at least he felt better.

Monday: Difficult. Too much running around. Ziad and Maya started (different) science classes in the morning, then more errands, finishing just in time to take Maya to her first chorus rehearsal, then get them dinner, then go back to a meeting for chorus parents. Very bad driving, lots of errors in judgment, and I lost my cell phone to boot.

Tuesday: Guitar class. Not so bad. Nice, in fact, because they are both past the basic stage and playing musically interesting pieces. After guitar class, the first ever meeting of the origami club, which was lots of fun.

Wednesday: A birthday party. At the roller rink. Ziad was so cute (I'm sorry, but that's the only word, even if he is almost nine.) He could not keep his balance for long at all, and kept alternating between collapsing and falling spectacularly, but he always got right back up and kept a huge smile on his face the whole time. He loved it, although much later in the day he got a little ticked off about people laughing. At the time, however, it felt like laughing with him, because he was having so much fun with it. Then chorus rehearsal for Ziad (we LOVE that teacher) and home.

Thursday: A completely useless day. Unless you count reading lots of magazines that have been piling up over the last few years as constructive. The upside is that I'm not so tired this morning.

Friday: That's today. We'll see how it plays out. I have lots of plans, but then, I always do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vivian said...

Can you leave the kids at the guitar class and get out by yourself for a little while? Three hours is a long time to be sitting around. Although I have to admit if Henry takes a guitar lesson I'd be there watching for the whole time, against his will.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I wish. The guitar teacher tells you you are OBLIGATED to sit there (and no activities like knitting allowed) and SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN!!!!! I have told him frequently that they don't need me, I am around them 24/7, I'm not looking for extra chances to bond, blah blah blah blah blah all to no avail. The killer? These classes are painfully boring to watch. They're probably not all that fun to participate in either, but they are just so boring to watch. (And this is the consensus of many parents, it's not just me.)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

And I thought my days were busy... It could be worse (don't you hate when people say that?) You could be spending your hours/days in a hospice center.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home