Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Bloomsday!

Didn't our book group read something by James Joyce one time? (Didn't I pick it? I think I did. Portrait of the Artist, as I recall.) I remember trying to read Ulysses around the same time, really enjoying it but finding it rather slow going, and eventually abandoning the attempt about halfway through. I certainly hope I returned Zelda's copy of the Nora Joyce biography that I also read around that time. (Although I still say it was really a biography of James Joyce PRETENDING to be a biography of Nora Joyce. Interesting nonetheless.)

Well, maybe it's time to try Ulysses again. Because now From Hunger demystifies Ulysses for the masses. Yeah!

You know you owe it to yourself to check this out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Where are you and how are your doing that?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Z said...

I have friends that got married on Bloomsday and had a kind of Joyce theme to their whole courtship. The marriage was, predictably, a disaster but cool theme, huh?

9:43 PM  
Blogger Z said...

Okay, just checked out the link...awesome...ordering a copy of the Joyce now.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home